Stony Brook University Hospital

General Information

Available positions:
Mode of application:
The program accepts either written or ERAS applications
The ACLP Common Application may be used for written applications
Accepts common application:
Number of covered hospital beds:
Number of inpatient consults per year for service:
Number of full-time faculty equivalents for service:
Annual salary:
$84, 200
J-1 Visa accepted:
H-1 Visa Accepted:

Experience (average hours/week)

Clinical Inpatient:
Clinical Outpatient:
Didactics and Seminars:
Academic project required?

Description of Program

The Stony Brook University Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry provides its graduates with the clinical skills and confidence to function as leaders of psychiatric services for medically complex patients. Stony Brook University Hospital (SBUH) is a world-class academic medical center and regional level I trauma center. In addition to training on our active hospital Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry teaching service at SBUH, fellows rotate with a number of sub-specialized inpatient and ambulatory teams, including palliative care, renal transplantation surgery, pediatric C-L, neurology, and C-L psychology, as well as an elective in their area of interest. Fellows also train in psychiatry at the interface of primary care at the Northport VA Medical Center. Approximately 70% of the fellowship training occurs in the hospital, and the other 30% in ambulatory areas. Fellows also have ample opportunities to teach junior trainees, may develop an optional research project under mentorship, and may moonlight, if interested. The fellowship is one year and offers two positions.

Return to fellowship trainings