Become a Champion of C-L Psychiatry
The Foundation of ACLP
Since 2009, the Foundation of ACLP has financially supported the Academy’s mission on several key fronts: developing leaders in the field, recognizing significant achievements, and advancing research efforts.
The Foundation relies on the generosity of ACLP members and others who share our vision to move Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry forward. Dues alone are no longer enough. With your support, the Academy can continue its vital work in providing leadership in a new age of health care defined by collaboration.
Your Donations in Action
By giving to the Foundation of ACLP, you play a pivotal role in:
- Developing leaders in C-L Psychiatry
The Foundation provides financial assistance to the Academy’s Webb Fellowship program, annually awarded to up to six residents or fellows to aid their growth and encourage longstanding involvement in ACLP.
- Funding the Visiting Professorship Program
The Visiting Professorship Program funds a one- to three-day visit of a senior Academy member to an institution to promote the understanding and practice of C-L Psychiatry. This popular and competitive program is a vital pathway to promoting new forms of C-L Psychiatry techniques and research at applying institutions.
- Building a foundation for the future
The Foundation manages the funding for the Don R. Lipsitt Award for Achievement in Integrated and Collaborative Care, created to recognize a mid-career psychiatrist currently making substantial contributions to the evolving field of integrated behavioral health.
- The ACLP Foundation Research Professor Program
Developed in memory of Dr. Wayne Katon, Academy president 2012-13, this award brings a leading researcher to the annual meeting and facilitates research mentorship to early career researchers. The overall objectives of the awards are to promote interest in consultation-liaison psychiatry research, and to support the development of emerging talent in the field.
How to Give
We’ve launched our annual campaign encouraging every member of the Academy to contribute to the Foundation. This widespread support sends a strong message about our collective commitment, enabling us to solicit larger grants from individuals and institutions.
Over 200 Academy members, representing about 20% of the membership, have made contributions totaling over $200,000. But we still need your help.
Giving to the Foundation is easy:
- Donate online securely by credit card. The system can accommodate outright gifts as well as donations made in honor of someone. We’ll send an acknowledgement to the person you specify.
- Donate by check in U.S. funds. Include your donor information on our Donation Form (or in a letter) and send to:
Foundation of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
4800 Hampden Ln Ste 200
Bethesda, MD 20814
- Donate your honorarium, tax free. Ask the sponsoring organization to make your check payable to the ACLP Foundation, rather than you, and include your name on the check, in an accompanying letter, or on a completed Donation Form and mail to us at the address above.
Foundation Board of Directors
Chair: Phil Bialer, MD, FACLP
Secretary/Treasurer: Mary Ann Cohen, MD, FACLP
Director: Terry Rabinowitz, MD, FACLP