ACLP annual awards are presented to individuals for meritorious contributions to consultation-liaison psychiatry, or for outstanding service to the Academy. The awards are presented at the Academy’s annual meeting in November.
- DLIN/FISCHER CLINICAL RESEARCH AWARD is presented for the best paper submitted for presentation at the annual meeting. There is no application process; rather, authors of the papers that were scored the highest by the annual meeting committee are invited to compete for the award.
- ACLP FOUNDATION RESEARCH PROFESSOR PROGRAM consists of two objectives: funding a preeminent research leader to lecture at the upcoming annual meeting, and funding the mentorship by the selected professor of emerging early career researchers in the field. Application deadline is April 1 for the research professor (mentor) and June 17 for mentees; see how to apply.
- DORFMAN JOURNAL PAPER AWARDS are presented for the best articles published annually in our journal, Psychosomatics, in categories of reviews, original papers, and case reports. Papers are judged on composition and writing, significance of findings, and innovation.
- BEST POSTER and BEST TRAINEE POSTER AWARDS — posters are judged and awarded at the annual meeting.
- VISITING PROFESSORSHIP PROGRAM allows an institution to receive a one- to three-day visit from an Academy member to promote the understanding and practice of C-L psychiatry. The award is presented based on evidence of the value or impact of the visit, the qualifications of the professor, and the completeness of the application form. Application deadline is April 30; see how to apply.
- WEBB FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM fosters the career development and leadership potential of advanced residents and fellows in consultation-liaison psychiatry. Application deadline is July 1; see how to apply.
- TRAINEE FREE REGISTRATION GRANT is given to a limited number of PM fellows, residents, or medical students to help offset the cost of attending the Academy’s annual meeting. The number of free registration grants awards is determined by the Board of Directors each year. Application deadline is July 1; see how to apply.
- ACADEMY FELLOWSHIP (FACLP) is bestowed upon Academy members who manifest active participation in the ACLP and have made exemplary contributions to the field of consultation-liaison psychiatry as educators, researchers, or administrators. Application deadline is July 1; see how to apply.